Time & Location
The garden is open to members from dawn until dusk daily. Guests are welcome to come on open garden days currently Saturdays from 8:30-10:30. Subscribe to our newsletter for other special times and events.
The garden is located at 19 Marywood ct. Extra parking is located at 11721 Morrison Rd at Crown of Life Church (Park to the back of the parking lot. Garden is through the field).
What to expect...
- Rent your own raised bed and plant what you want
- Co-op garden with neighbors and share harvested produce. This is what you can expect...
- Fruit: Banana's, Figs, Blackberries, Loquat, Kumquat, Lemon, Strawberries, Grapes
- Veggies: Seasonal
- Flowers: TBD
- Garden Fundraiser
- In 2014 a group of community members chose to make the most of two vacant lots in the Marywood ct. neighborhood by creating a community garden. With the help of volunteers, the garden is now actively operating, provides a space for neighbors to grow their own plants and kids and adult a platform to learn valuable skill for healthy sustainable living.
- K10 Day (August 2015)
- The citywide day of service in memory of Katrina brought over 40 volunteers to the garden. An in-ground bed was extended, garden beds constructed and painted vibrant colors. Over 10,000 volunteers helped out city wide.
- Wisconsin Lutheran College (January 2017)
- The Neighbor Aid Program first took shape as college volunteers visited two neighbors needing help with painting, fence repair, and minor leak repairs.
- A Nature area with gravel pathways took shape in the wooded area behind the community garden. 20 saplings were planted including cypress, maple, cypress and sycamore.